The Floe project is now in its third year. Our focus moving forward will be to advance the work we’ve been doing on personalized learning. During the first two years of the Floe project, we
- developed the Inclusive Learning Design Handbook (ILDH);
- worked with our partner, ISKME, to enable personalization of OER Commons;
- created an accessible, transformable, open source HTML5 video player.
Moving forward, our plans include
- designing and developing tools and technologies to complete the end-to-end personalized learning experience, including matching of learning resources to preferences and refining matches based on learner feedback;
- working with ISKME to add new use cases and scenarios to the ILDH;
- developing mobile OER-editing capabilities for OER Commons;
- creating an accessible ePub3 textbook exemplar.
We look forward to providing more details about these initiatives in future posts.